DoD-VA Hearing Prosthetics Ordering System
DoD and VA audiologists can order hearing aids, components, batteries, and other hearing devices through the Remote Order Entry System, or ROES. This system is managed by the VA Denver Acquisition and Logistics Center, or DALC, and provides full electronic ordering and tracking of devices.
Orders placed in ROES are transmitted electronically to authorized vendors who fabricate custom hearing aids according to the audiologist’s prescription. Audiologists can track the status of orders, invoices and costs, enter audiometric data for prescriptions, and enter clinical outcomes.
ROES provides a number of process-specific benefits, features, and functionalities which include:
- A simplified ordering process
- Repair order processing
- A module to enter audiometric data and display or print the resulting audiogram in graph or tabular format
- Enhanced commodity ordering
- Enhanced device registration
- Display and update capabilities for authorized aids and devices
- Station stock ordering
- Veteran eligibility determination and reporting and statistical analysis
- A cochlear implant registry to track related information, and
- Erroneous order reduction, which restricts orders that cannot be accommodated by hearing aid manufacturers